Scholarships for SES Seniors
SES seniors may now apply for a total of eight scholarships.
The deadline is Friday, May 1.
SES Foundation: Five - $1,000 scholarships for SES seniors
Flint Hills Discovery: Two - $2,500 scholarships for SES seniors
Fairview Ridges: One -$1,500 scholarship for SES seniors
Each applicant will be evaluated on: academics, activities, community service, and leadership.
To be eligible for the Flint Hills scholarship, applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.6 and have plans to pursue a career in a math or science related field. Applicants should also have experience in leadership and entrepreneurialism.
Steps to apply:
- One application may be used for all scholarships.
- Clearly indicate your: name, address, phone number, e-mail, parent contact, and college you plan on attending in the fall of 2020.
- Please list your: school activities, non-school activities, work, and volunteer experiences during high school.
- Please write an essay of one to two pages in length about your future academic and career goals and how a scholarship will help you attain them.
- You will need to submit the names of two individuals who fill out a form to recommend you for the scholarship. If your recommenders are SES or District 196 staff you do not need to give any contact information – just their names and position in the district. If it is not a District 196 staff person, then you will need to provide phone number and e-mail. Do not ask your recommenders to write a letter. Mr. Nelson will contact them and they will fill out a standard form.
- To be eligible for the Flint Hills Discovery Scholarship financial need must be considered (the other scholarships don’t require this). You must provide the front page of your FAFSA/Student Aid Report which indicates the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). A copy of an online estimate is also acceptable.
How to submit:
Once you’ve completed the “steps to apply” please e-mail completed documents to Mr. Nelson or mail them to Mr. Nelson at SES.