Environmental Science is taken in BOTH 11th and 12th grade as part of the thematic studies sequence of courses. This Advanced Placement course is taken in conjunction with the Thematic Studies Environmental Science class in 12th grade.
Students take this course in conjunction with Thematic Studies Environmental Science. AP Environmental Science is designed for students who intend to pursue a science or science related career. This course will help prepare students for the optional advanced placement exam for college credit.
Interdisciplinary topics include the following major themes:
- Science is a process
- Energy conversions underlie all ecological processes
- The Earth itself is one interconnected system
- Humans alter natural systems
- Environmental problems have a cultural and social context
- Human survival depends on developing practices that will achieve sustainable systems
Prerequisite: Strong science background